Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Thankful One ...

When I began my countdown to Thanksgiving I was reallly, really not in the mood to be thankful.  I was crabby, selfish and in need of an attitude adjustment - big time!!  Sitting down to write 4 things I was thankful for was a challange! (Yikes!!)  Just the exercise of making a list and being not just thankful for what I have but acknowleding to God that it is enough was a big shift in focus.  As it turns out, a thankful heart is a happy heart and that is somthing for me to be truely grateful for.

verses that have been on my mind:

Hebrews 13:5  "Be content with what you have, for God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."

I Timothy 6:6
"But godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."

1 comment:

Joan said...

Isn't that the truth!
I've been reading a book about how the Lord works to purify our lives. In it, the author says that He knows completely which sins are the most tempting for us...and designs plenty of situations in order for us to have to trust His grace in order to say no to sin. So, if I'm given to complaining, I'll have many, many opportunities to complain or to fall on His grace, trust and obey and thank Him, as you have done and are doing. That is slowly changing MY perspective!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive