Thursday, December 27, 2007

One of the presents I received on Christmas was a book of poetry. Imagine my surprise when I flipped through it to find a poem I wrote last year (my name was spelled wrong, but it still looked good in print!). Here it is for your enjoyment:

Second Hand Christmas tree
twinkle, twinkle little star
she sat on the curb right next to the car
like a january christmas tree
wearing garish jewelry

a left hand star atop her hand
a well worn ornamental band
a rosy lip
a frosted head
a smile -- very close to dead

drooping shoulders
sagging branches
a magnet for nostalgic glaces

shining brightly
glittering nightly
each spare pound was wrapped up tightly

worn out second hand Christmas tree
-- it looks way too much like me!

2 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

ha! i love it!

how did it end up in a poetry book... without you knowing?

Jacquelyn said...

I must have entered a contest or something. Either that or my sister-in-law submitted it for me.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive