Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Missionaries these days




When I was in 4th grade I had a pen pal. It I think she lived in the Philippines and it took forever to get her letters. Later I started writing to my cousin in India and kept that up until I was in college. We probably wrote to each other a few times a year knowing that it would take 6 weeks for our letters to reach each other. Now there is email and missionaries are more connected than ever. I keep tabs on a cousin's work at a school in India and stay caught up with some college acquaintances (Josh and Naomi Smith) who are doing the Lord's work in Spain.
My parents are visiting them in Spain right now as a part of a mission trip that has taken them from Tanzania to Pamplona and will take them home this Sunday. Here are some pictures they took while in Tanzania, I can't believe that I've gotten almost daily updates from them when they are half way around the world!! (My parents are the "grown ups" in the pictures)

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive