Saturday, June 30, 2007

Pouting


Last night I had to give myself a good talking to. I've been very selfish and demanding lately and I told myself that I needed to wake up in the morning with a servant's attitude. Apparently all my good intentions leaked out and ended up on my husband instead because this morning I saw something I never dreamed I'd live to see.

I was on the recieving end of a nice breakfast in bed. What a surprise!! I've never had breakfast in bed my entire life!!!!!! My dear sweet husband and sweet children made an amazing breakfast of ham, eggs, english muffin, half a donut, milk and coffee (they looked around for some flowers but couldn't find any, I consider the donut a great alternative to a rose).

My resolution to be kinder to everyone has been helped greatly by my husbands example of selflessness. I know that he was three times more tired than I was, got up in the middle of the night to deal with a crying child and still let me sleep in until 9:00 (unheard of). Am I bragging? You bet I am!!! how can i pout when i have such a cute family!

3 comments:

lindsey said...

being home alone for a few days without my husband and i have to read this! not only am i pouting, but jealous! (actually the girls have been awesome, i'm just playing. although b-fast in bed would be great!)

Anonymous said...

Hey....I want to know what happened to the other part of the donut?! Your hubby gets a gold star....mama's need pampering, too. Keep deep breathing, Jacqueline (labor breathing works outside of actual labor!!).

Travis said...

how sweet! you must be so thankful for such a dear family. :)
- kate

Popular Posts

Blog Archive