Thursday, March 7, 2013

Micro muffin

A friend of mine shared this recipe and, I'll have to admit, I was sceptical.  I really thought it would end up tough and rubbery - but no!  It's quite tasty, and once I'm able to eat butter, I bet it will be even better.

Micro Muffins
1 1/2 cup almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
2T honey or sweetener of choice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup melted butter / coconut oil
2 eggs

optional: cinnamon, vanilla, coco powder, cardamon

1.) combine all the dry ingredients,
2.) in a sepparate bowl, combine all wet ingredients and mix well
3.) Add them together
4.) Divide into 4 coffee cups
5.) Cook 1-2 min in microwave

serves 4.  I bet strawberry jam, cream cheese, whip cream, butter or even maple syrup would taste pretty good on this muffin.

tags: Paleo, Primal, Gaps, SCD, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy free

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive