Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Happily Ever After

This is a repost of something I posted 5 years ago.  I had to publish it again because I found the perfect printable to go with it!


Eliannah:  I can't wait to grow up and get to wear a beautiful dress and meet my prince.
Me: Do you know who my prince is?
Eliannah: Of course I do.  His name is Daddy you know.
Me: But what happens after you get married?
(Eliannah looks stumped and doesn't answer)





I gaze around at the loads of laundry, dozens of dishes and mobs of dust bunnies silently proliferating in their den under the couch.  I thought about all I had hoped for, all I had dreamed of when I was a child and all I had hoped to be.  Then, turning from the chaos to look into her eyes I smiled and answered, "This is what happens after you get married.  This is my Happily Ever After. "

4 comments:

Bree said...

Thank you.

Priscilla said...

Amen to that!! After, 14 moves in 11years; 3 houses (we have purchased); 1 Prince; 3 grown kids; 2 grand kids - I am content!!

Heather Pelczar said...

I love how happily honest and content you are. And how you so effectively communicated those two things to your daughter. I love my dust bunnies- they moved in when my family started making so many memories I couldn't find time to sweep them out. :)

Jeannett Gibson said...

Amen girl! It's been interesting to show and explain marriage to my 16 year old sister. She certainly has visions of castles and perfection...

Popular Posts

Blog Archive