Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Home Made bread day 4: Zucchini bread

Yesterday I made up the last of the Boule bread dough I had mixed up on Thursday. Another great result! I also made zucchini bread with the enourmous zucchini that someone anonymously left on our doorstep.

This ONE zucchini was enough for 4 batches (two loaves each- but I put some of it in the freezer to make up later) of zucchini bread with plently left over to grill up and add to our pasta dinner last night. I don't think I have ever seen such a huge zucchini in my life. The kids are loving the zucchini bread and as I made several small loaves I have about 3 friends that are going to (hopefully) enjoy some too. Thank you to who ever gave it to us!

3 comments:

Kate said...

oooh!! i hope i'm one of those lucky friends because zuccini bread is absoluetly one of my favoritest breads ever. my mom used to make it for us when we were growning up and my mom and i were the only ones who loved it. we were glad to have it all to ourselves!! :)

Joanie said...

Yummaroo. Jacquelyn, would you consider posting some of your meals for the week? Please forgive me if I missed it - it runs in my mind that you already did. I really admire your knack for delicious, wholesome, yet simple and inexpensive meals. And I love that you don't require prepackaged food.

Any of your bread recipes or meal recipes would be awesome too.

Just a thought! Thanks!

Mama Mote said...

I ditto Joanie. Zucchini bread is one of my favorites, too. I'm still in process in our new place as to how to do meals again for just the two of us and our schedule. But it's fun figuring it out. Thanks for sharing.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive