Monday, September 29, 2008

Psalm 139

Naturally, as soon as we told the kids I was pregnant they had a ton of questions (fortunately not any of those questions!).  Zak has listened with a look of fascination on his face when I have described what stage of development the baby is going through.  He was amazed that the baby is growing fingers and toes.  He was also concerned about how the baby got food and when I described the placenta he asked, "How can you keep track of all that?  Now I know why you are so tired!"  
It took a second for me to realize that he thought I was actively involved in forming this child.  Thank goodness I'm not!!!  Psalm 139:13-16, 23,24

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. [1]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts! [3]
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!


Amazing!!

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive