Monday, July 7, 2008

Ugly shirt = Ugly dress

We were loaded down with freebies last week from all the events we went to so I thought I'd be totally ironic and recycle the "Recycle it" tee shirt I got. Here's how

I used one of Eliannah's shirts to give me an idea of what size to make it



Then I cut the middle section out of the lower part leaving me one long strip (no picture, I suck at this)
To make it easier, I should have attatched the lower part to the upper part before sewing the side seams, but I didn't so when I sewed the lower part on I had some excess fabric which meant I had to put in the slit up the back. ( As it turns out this was very necessary since the whole thing shrunk in the wash.)




The front was tricky since I wanted a decorative way to cover up what remained of the logo and picture. I ended up cutting up tiny strips and sewing them in rows onto the front. It covered everything up but I'm not sure that I like it. The top 5 rows will look better once I put it through the wash again. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but the bottom rows look better since I did them first and they have been washed.





(this is what happens when a brother stands behind me and teaches his sister how to pose)

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive