Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Nothing new ... Seriously

Is it hectic yet? Are you planning parties? Planning road trips? buying things, making things, making checklists, checking checklists? I'm not going to be "home for the holidays" ... at least not at my home. I know that there have been some moments this December of great joy ... like the day we decked the house, picked out the trees and made cookies. And days of great difficulty ... like trying to figure out how to juggle Christmas around a family member who is having heart surgery next Wednesday.

I want a Silent night! I want all to be Calm.

Tonight I threw a tantrum when my husband asked me to change what I considered our time honored family traditions. It's silly really. I bet Mary wanted to be home for Christmas. I bet she didn't want to go anywhere. I bet she didn't want to pack. I bet she wanted some peace and quiet. Many of the Christmas songs make everything sound so warm and cozy with the animals but .. animals are stinky and kind of noisy! It wasn't comfortable. It wasn't ideal. But it blessed the world. So even though Christmas won't be where I wanted or how I wanted it I'm praying that God will give me the grace to be a blessing to my family and friends.

3 comments:

Carrie Haughey said...

I too want a Calm, Silent Night... This Christmas season is so stressful this year for some reason. It doesn't help that it's the first year that I am not at home with my family and "my" traditions are all thrown to bits. I feel for you!!

You pray for me and I will pray for you, okay? :0)

joy said...

so true!

Jeannett said...

I told Andy that I want the three of us to just go to Hawaii...no cooking, no cleaning, no presents...just our little family relaxing together!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive