Wednesday, September 26, 2007

As seen on TV

Here it is ...
the new, improved
comprehensive
quick reference
pocket sized
book of unacceptable excuses! Here's a quick peak at some good ones

I'm too old: Noah was 600 years old when he finished the ark
I'm too young: How old was David when he killed Goliath? see what Paul had to say to Timothy about his age
I'm afraid of speaking in front of other people, I don't know what to say: Check out the Lord's response to Moses
I'm too weak, I'm not smart enough : take a look at I Corinthians
I don't want to/ I shouldn't have too: Jonah thought he could run from God and that didn't turn out so whale. (sorry, couldn't help myself)
I don't have the time, I can't, etc: to Whom do we belong?

And for those of you that think to yourself "Living for Christ is too difficult and costs too much" Just remember that "While we were sinners, Christ died for us". We can love because He first loved us. So Christian, you have no excuse for avoiding the good works that Christ prepared for you.

Forgive me for being so harsh, I'm preaching to the mirror on this one but I have to ask what are your excuses? What are you avoiding? Am I the only person that tries to avoid doing the good I know I ought to do?

Last night I had to stop what I was doing, put down my bible and make a phone call to an unbelieving friend (she wasn't home, I left a message). While I was in the kitchen I just happened to think about another friend that I had been praying for and gave her a call too. Her attitude was such a blessing to me I'm glad I let go of my excuses last night and just followed the leading of the Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

joy said...

thanks for the encouraging words. i need to think on this one....

yesterday was fun--let's get together again soon!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive