Saturday, June 9, 2007

William Wordsworth

My heart leaps up when I behold
a rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is the father of Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.
- William Wordsworth

I agree with W.W. I want to always be

Delighted by:

the birds that decorate our backyard fence,
The songs that children sing that make no sense
the flowers that die in vases around the house,
the sneaky bedtime whispers - quiet as a mouse!
the pictures that fight for space upon my wall
and the children that take delight in them all.

2 comments:

Larissa said...

Oh yes! I love the things you delight in!

JenClark said...

Mrs. Moses...

I am so excited I get to read about you and your family. It's my own glimpse into the Moses world. Brennan and I miss you all very much and can't wait to see you at Josh's wedding! P.S. This i one of my favorite poems!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive