It is my goal to avoid politics and political opinions on this blog as I am not qualified to understand or express an opinion on anything that goes on in the realm of authority above me. But I do have some questions about global warming (I consider it a political issue)
1. Why is it called global warming? We have only tracked temperature for the last 100 years and I'm sure at one point in time Greenland was actually Green. What if we are just "coming back" from an abnormally cold period? What is the earth's perfect temperature anyway?
2. Why are we told to drive a prius to save the world but studies show that over it's lifetime a Hummer is more eco friendly?
3. Why are we told to switch from regular light bulbs to fluorescent ones? If you read the box carefully the fluorescent ones contain Mercury and can't be thrown away, the must be recycled. Also most of them aren't produced in the US but in coal burning factories in China.
4. Why are we told by some celebrities to limit ourselves to one piece of toilet paper, when their music tours use more resources than any of us will use in a lifetime? (yes, I do know that the t.p. comment was meant to be a joke)
5. And lastly, drive less, heat less, cool less, = save the world right? What if we attempted to balance the trade deficit? Shipping vast amounts of cheap products from other countries has got to make a dent somewhere. I'm not an economist but I do know that we buy way more than we sell and some sort of engine power will get it to us. (check out this up to the minute stat counter on the trade deficit)
These are real questions that I have, if you have any answers or if my conclusions are way off I would love to find out :) I guess the thing that bugs me most is that in all this hype about global warming is that I don't hear very much about protecting the environment, keeping it clean in reasonable ways and enjoying what we have.
I don't let my kids litter, I try to recycle, I only want to buy products from responsible manufacturers .. these are things I can do. I can't go out and buy a different kind of car, put solar panels on my house, stop eating methane producing beef etc. I just don't know who to believe about this stuff and who to trust.
Not only sands and gravels Were once more on their travels, But gulping muddy gallons Great boulders off their balance Bumped heads together...
If depression were a flavor, it would taste like a glass of water. Colorless and tasteless. You could drink a bellyful and still be ...
I don't know if any of you have ever had to deal with the repercussions of a suicide but the amazing thing about it is how far reaching...