Saturday, January 19, 2008

Help!

I was very inspired at church today. Since it was "Sanctity of Life" Sunday we got to hear from a man who ran 63 marathons in 63 days in order to raise awarness for AT - a childhood disease that is fatal by about the age of 20.

All of his own children are perfectly healthy, but the way he got involved in this project was when he asked God how he could use his running for His glory. The funny thing is that the same question has been rolling around in the back of my mind, that I want to do something, work for something but the question is, what?

I know my own physical limitations and there is no way I would want to run even 1 marathon, but a part of a triathalon? a bike race? a 5K? What are the charity "exercise events" on the Central Coast? Maybe you know someone who knows someone who has been a part of something, somewhere and can send me a link (If you don't feel comfortable leaving a comment, just click on the "email me" link on the sidebar and shoot me an email). Who knows ... maybe I won't find anything, but don't you ever feel like you could do something more for those around you? If you think about it, please pray that the Lord would show me what he wants me to do in order to please him.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive