Wednesday, October 24, 2007

this is only a test

Since home school started I haven't had the leisure time to be poetic. I haven't been inspired and I haven't been disciplined so I dug out a writing exercise from high school and sadly, this is all I could come up with
Shades of ...

shadowy, obscure
electronic shell
apartment carpet
automotive smell
bone dry sidewalk
driftwood weathered
chainlink fence
pigeon feathered
shiney or dull
what can I say?
there is nothing exciting
to write about ... grey

I love to write and would love to get better at it but without the time or energy I fear I will never move past my dr. seusical rhyme scheme. One of the saddest days of my life was when I "graduated" college (I still have 1 class left to complete my degree). I've spent the last few years trying to continue learning outside the classroom so if you have any pointers, websites or blogs to direct me to ... I can use the help! (and if you are wondering why I even bother I'll save that for another blog since I haven't figured that one out yet.)

1 comment:

joy said...

why do you bother? because you like it and you have a talent for it. i think that just because we are moms and put our families first, doesn't necessarily mean we let our other dreams die--they just get put on hold for awhile. keep it up--i think it's great.
btw--how was your girls nite out party?

Popular Posts

Blog Archive