Saturday, June 23, 2007

In honor of Jeannette

The other day I actually had a moment to read an old Wired magazine (Feb 2007) and I just loved the small little snippet they had about how a fertilized egg becomes human. They talk about a block of concrete turning into a skyscraper complete with carpet, plumbing, windows and various other diverse building material. They ask "How did that cube know how to make a skyscraper? How does a cell know how to make a human? Biologists used to think that the cellular proteins somehow carried the instructions. But now proteins look more like pieces of brick and stone - useless without a building plan and a mason ..." and so, in honor of Jeanette's brand new baby - Congratulations on your little skyscraper!

Ps 139:13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive