Saturday, March 30, 2013

Passover

Do you celebrate Passover?  I've always celebrated Easter, but for some reason, this year I've wanted go a little deeper and explore the symbolism and imagery in Passover to help my children better  understand Easter. 

Why celebrate the Passover?  Because it is rich with symbols and pictures of what Christ did for us and why. When God chose to teach his people, he surrounded them with pictures, symbols, stories and promises that were a visual representation of what was to come. 

Hundreds of years of stories and pictures, and then:


... when the set time had fully come, 
God sent his Son, born of a woman, 
born under the law, Galatians 4:4


In Him we have redemption through His blood, 
the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 
which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 
having made known to us the mystery of His will, 
according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,10 
that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times 
He might gather together in one all things in Christ,
  Ephesians 1:7-10

                                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

     I Gave You My Word

When you were young
   you looked into My face 
    and joyfully beheld My Grace 
But in time - as your grew,
  the World came by and tempted you.  
You sold My Grace 
 and bought a lie 
 and learned what it meant to die. 

I called to you in pictures, 
I called to you as history unfolded, 
  but you ignored that too.  
I sent you my prophets, 
  sent you water, fire, rain.  
I sent you promises of comfort 
 and helped to ease your pain.  

But a dancing world spoke to you too 
  and offered you goblets of guilt and dust
You grasped at that pleasure and clung to your rust 
 while I held My hand out to you.

And sin kept you spinning and crawling through time - 
  running from Me even though you were mine.  
And I loved you still, time after time, through pictures and poetry -
  line after line.  
But you shrugged your shoulders, 
  you thought it absurd.  

Until, 
  at the right time, 
               I gave you my Word.

 - jm 2012




 
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. 
We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, 
who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14


No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive